Wednesday, January 22, 2014

My expectations for German 110

I have taken 3 German classes in high school. Having taken these classes I’ve learnt the basics of the German language. Along the way, we studied portions of German culture. The first thing we learned was about the regions of Europe where German is spoken, then Germany itself. The language is rather interesting, but learning more about the country and its people is very intriguing. Taking this class I hope to learn more information about Germany. As I stated in class, I think the advancements, and technological feats of Germany are very interesting. There is a prevalence of the stereotype of German engineering being great, but I don’t know much about it. For example the Bagger 288 is the largest machine in the world and it’s used in Germany for strip mining. Similarly Germany is home an extensive history of firearms. The 9mm cartridge came out of Germany in the early 1900s and it is the most popular handgun cartridge today. These sorts of things are very interesting to me, and I hope we touch on this and other topics this semester. I’m looking forward to the next few months. 


No comments:

Post a Comment